An obsolete clef placing middle C on the lowest line of the staff.
- ‘However, if a violin were used, it would read the notes in the soprano clef, with the three sharp signature.’
- ‘One of the clefs I ask you to draw is the soprano clef, which isn't mentioned in the text.’
- ‘Alto tenor and soprano clefs are for stringed instruments like the viola and violin though.’
- ‘Besides, tenor and soprano clefs are definitely the most confusing.’
- ‘Any pianist who consults the authoritative complete editions of such composers as Bach, Mozart, or Haydn, to research keyboard literature will find the soprano clef more frequently than the G clef.’