One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An obsolete clef placing middle C on the lowest line of the staff.
- ‘Any pianist who consults the authoritative complete editions of such composers as Bach, Mozart, or Haydn, to research keyboard literature will find the soprano clef more frequently than the G clef.’
- ‘Besides, tenor and soprano clefs are definitely the most confusing.’
- ‘Alto tenor and soprano clefs are for stringed instruments like the viola and violin though.’
- ‘One of the clefs I ask you to draw is the soprano clef, which isn't mentioned in the text.’
- ‘However, if a violin were used, it would read the notes in the soprano clef, with the three sharp signature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.