One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wilde's biting dialogue is the perfect antidote to the sentimentality that a film about love, secrets and betrayal can so rarely avoid, but you'll still find yourself smiling soppily in the darkness.’
- ‘It has a more accomplished all-round harder sound about it and is less soppily sentimental than most of the others.’
- ‘The lovestruck animals immediately gave up their nest-hopping and turned soppily monogamous, becoming doting and inseparable partners.’
- ‘Abdul, whom I also mentioned in my last post, has daughters of around three and five, and is soppily in love with both of them; I can't believe he wants them to be killed in any way.’
- ‘Still, while somewhat soppily sentimental, the love story worked and showed real people rather than two stars acting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.