One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I presume now is appropriate to listen to Rachmaninov with eyes closed slumping soporifically into its orbit.’
- ‘On that first day I lay in the netting slung under the bowsprit with some of the 281 metres of sail flapping softly overhead, and the bow wave lapping soporifically below.’
- ‘It begins with a shadow-play featuring a man about to be crushed by a giant boot, then ambles soporifically to its mid-point.’
- ‘The quality and conviction of her performance almost rescued even that most soporifically self-important of police dramas Inspector Morse.’
- ‘The album is also a loose musing on life itself: things begins blissfully if slightly soporifically before getting very interesting in the middle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.