One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The quality and conviction of her performance almost rescued even that most soporifically self-important of police dramas Inspector Morse.’
- ‘It begins with a shadow-play featuring a man about to be crushed by a giant boot, then ambles soporifically to its mid-point.’
- ‘The album is also a loose musing on life itself: things begins blissfully if slightly soporifically before getting very interesting in the middle.’
- ‘I presume now is appropriate to listen to Rachmaninov with eyes closed slumping soporifically into its orbit.’
- ‘On that first day I lay in the netting slung under the bowsprit with some of the 281 metres of sail flapping softly overhead, and the bow wave lapping soporifically below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.