One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sophomore.‘the sophs get their assignments tomorrow’
- ‘If Friedgen can afford to get into a punting situation because he's got a kid who blasted it 44.7 yards a try as a soph, there's no telling how many extra chances he'll take.’
- ‘Dude was all-state as a soph and an All-American as a senior.’
- ‘He stayed close for college, landing at Seton Hall, and after setting the school blocked-shots record as a soph, he declared for the Draft.’
- ‘Our best stab at it is soph Jason Terry, who'll be handling it anyway and likes to get his share of shots in.’
- ‘Now think of all those poor children and American freshers and sophs bored out of their skulls with the worst that Cambridge could offer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.