Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Sophomore.‘the sophs get their assignments tomorrow’
- ‘Our best stab at it is soph Jason Terry, who'll be handling it anyway and likes to get his share of shots in.’
- ‘He stayed close for college, landing at Seton Hall, and after setting the school blocked-shots record as a soph, he declared for the Draft.’
- ‘If Friedgen can afford to get into a punting situation because he's got a kid who blasted it 44.7 yards a try as a soph, there's no telling how many extra chances he'll take.’
- ‘Now think of all those poor children and American freshers and sophs bored out of their skulls with the worst that Cambridge could offer.’
- ‘Dude was all-state as a soph and an All-American as a senior.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.