Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A black velvety mold that grows on the surfaces of leaves and stems affected by honeydew.
- ‘The honeydew's stickiness and the black sooty mold that grows on it can make a mess of plants and anything under infested trees.’
- ‘This drops to the leaves below and the black sooty mold develops.’
- ‘Like aphids, they also excrete honeydew, attracting black sooty mold fungus.’
- ‘This is sooty mold that grows on the honeydew that aphids excrete.’
- ‘Often black sooty mold grows on the honeydew, but this mold can be gently washed off.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.