One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writer of sonnets.
poet, versifier, verse-maker, rhymester, rhymer, lyricist, lyrist, elegistView synonyms
- ‘After Wilde's death and the subsequent lies and back-stabbing of so-called friends of both men, Bosie became one of this country's finest sonneteers.’
- ‘His desire was to foster ‘the emancipation of the word, to create a place where punks and sonneteers can meet and get their stuff out into the open.’’
- ‘Twelve sonneteers entertain walkers on the way.’
- ‘From idea through revision, the process of writing editorials offers lessons that can benefit any writer, from scriptwriter to sonneteer, from those churning out cop shorts to long-form narratives.’
- ‘Less-is-more set design, it seems, had no fan in the Elizabethan sonneteer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.