One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The art or skill of writing or composing songs.
- ‘Both songs are remarkable works of songcraft, with meticulous arrangements that balance unconventional chord progressions with moments of pure melodic grace.’
- ‘Man-Made is a lazy, hazy exercise in unadorned songcraft, packed with melodies that insinuate themselves with sweet simplicity.’
- ‘But despite developing their songcraft in the years since, dwindling album sales have seen them slip off the radar of popular imagination.’
- ‘Fortunately, with Happiness in Magazines, his by-the-numbers approach to songcraft has finally yielded its most copious rewards.’
- ‘It's an earnest exploration of the universality of music and truly good songcraft.’
- ‘A gripping and ultimately enduring release borne of a timeless song craft and precariously married to a deeply maddening anxious hurt.’
- ‘His band of crack musicians work beautifully to bring out the best of Rouse's unique songcraft.’
- ‘What sparked such fine songcraft is the sudden wake-up call of The Beatles, who were taking America by storm.’
- ‘His digressive impulses held in check, Prince returns to what he's so masterfully good at: songcraft and groove.’
- ‘But no matter how you feel about their all-conquering brand of maudlin songcraft, Travis haven't changed.’
- ‘From those lovely people who know a thing or two about pristine song craft down at the aural laboratories of Static Caravan records.’
- ‘The unwieldy jams curtailed in favor of tighter arrangements and improved songcraft.’
- ‘In summing up her career, this icon of cerebral West Coast songcraft has produced a substantial body of work without one iota of sentimentality.’
- ‘These days, his collection reveals a deep-rooted appreciation of traditional songcraft.’
- ‘In keeping the focus strictly on sublime songcraft, the Kings of Convenience have drafted a love letter to solid pop tradition.’
- ‘It's catchy and displays a keen sense of song craft.’
- ‘The result is that the album allows the band's considerable songcraft to combine with their geeky tendencies in a way that feels perfectly natural.’
- ‘The celebrated poet and novelist knows his songcraft and is, at heart, an indie kid.’
- ‘The songcraft has improved too, reflecting a shift in process.’
- ‘They say she brought underground chops to classic songcraft, reconciled seventies soul with nineties grit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.