One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book containing a collection of songs with music.
- ‘The strongest of the film's musical numbers is the title song itself, which, though a tad short on his trademark lyrical innuendo, is nonetheless one of the most memorable melodies in the Formby songbook.’
- ‘During his years at South western Seminary, McKinney had worked part-time as music editor for Robert H. Coleman, a songbook and hymnal publisher in Dallas.’
- ‘They had old Australian punk books and Germs songbooks.’
- ‘Particularly noteworthy is The Road Goes On Forever, a songbook of words and sheet music by Tolkien and Donald Swann.’
- ‘The posthumous engraved editions of Lully's operas reached high levels, and among French songbooks, Laborde's Choix de chansons is outstanding.’
- ‘It's true that the Paul Robeson songbook isn't just about the songs but sometimes, surely, they're enough.’
- ‘The songbooks sell on the back of the music more than the lyrics, so it's this Warner really seem to be trying to protect.’
- ‘Cheryl and Rikki had already hit the songbooks and was writing down all the songs that they wanted to sing.’
- ‘An exclusive treat for everyone attending Isla's forthcoming shows will be the availability of a songbook containing words of her 20 most popular songs.’
- ‘She is currently co-writing the book for a major Broadway musical built around the songbook of Motown legend, Smokey Robinson.’
- ‘The songbook collected compositions from all over the world, making the case that the protest movement was universal.’
- ‘The money will go towards producing a songbook, video and CD of them performing traditional songs in the Steers dialect.’
- ‘Established stars queued up to cover songs from the Mitchell songbook.’
- ‘The Hills' catchy little tune was unleashed upon the world in 1893, when it was published in the songbook Song Stories for the Kindergarten.’
- ‘In any event, Prof. Lindgren passed along this link to more on Ella's recordings of the Duke Ellington and Cole Porter songbooks.’
- ‘I asked the man for the songbook, although I was sure my song was already in there, and sure enough, it was.’
- ‘His beautiful musical tapestries command a hush and even new songs are aired as he carefully balances his songbook on his knee.’
- ‘At the end of the visit, he presented us with a songbook of his songs, which was fantastic.’
- ‘This shop now has a wonderful stock of gifts, souvenirs, music books, songbooks and instrument manuals.’
- ‘On top of her bookshelf lay several songbooks that she had attempted to learn hit songs from.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.