One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book containing a collection of songs with music.
- ‘This shop now has a wonderful stock of gifts, souvenirs, music books, songbooks and instrument manuals.’
- ‘In any event, Prof. Lindgren passed along this link to more on Ella's recordings of the Duke Ellington and Cole Porter songbooks.’
- ‘The money will go towards producing a songbook, video and CD of them performing traditional songs in the Steers dialect.’
- ‘The songbooks sell on the back of the music more than the lyrics, so it's this Warner really seem to be trying to protect.’
- ‘On top of her bookshelf lay several songbooks that she had attempted to learn hit songs from.’
- ‘She is currently co-writing the book for a major Broadway musical built around the songbook of Motown legend, Smokey Robinson.’
- ‘At the end of the visit, he presented us with a songbook of his songs, which was fantastic.’
- ‘An exclusive treat for everyone attending Isla's forthcoming shows will be the availability of a songbook containing words of her 20 most popular songs.’
- ‘His beautiful musical tapestries command a hush and even new songs are aired as he carefully balances his songbook on his knee.’
- ‘The songbook collected compositions from all over the world, making the case that the protest movement was universal.’
- ‘The Hills' catchy little tune was unleashed upon the world in 1893, when it was published in the songbook Song Stories for the Kindergarten.’
- ‘They had old Australian punk books and Germs songbooks.’
- ‘Established stars queued up to cover songs from the Mitchell songbook.’
- ‘The strongest of the film's musical numbers is the title song itself, which, though a tad short on his trademark lyrical innuendo, is nonetheless one of the most memorable melodies in the Formby songbook.’
- ‘It's true that the Paul Robeson songbook isn't just about the songs but sometimes, surely, they're enough.’
- ‘The posthumous engraved editions of Lully's operas reached high levels, and among French songbooks, Laborde's Choix de chansons is outstanding.’
- ‘Particularly noteworthy is The Road Goes On Forever, a songbook of words and sheet music by Tolkien and Donald Swann.’
- ‘During his years at South western Seminary, McKinney had worked part-time as music editor for Robert H. Coleman, a songbook and hymnal publisher in Dallas.’
- ‘I asked the man for the songbook, although I was sure my song was already in there, and sure enough, it was.’
- ‘Cheryl and Rikki had already hit the songbooks and was writing down all the songs that they wanted to sing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.