One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common European and central Asian thrush with a buff spotted breast, having a loud song in which each phrase is repeated two or three times.
Turdus philomelos, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- ‘Birds suffering the steepest falls include the blackbird, dunnock, song thrush, and four types of warbler.’
- ‘According to the massive Birds of the Western Palearctic the song thrush possesses the largest repertoire of any European thrush.’
- ‘The four biggest losers since the first Big Garden Birdwatch in 1979 have been the starling, house sparrow, song thrush and blackbird.’
- ‘Best known in Britain and W. Europe are the beloved song thrush, T. philomelos, and the mistle thrush, T. viscivorus.’
- ‘These include such species as black grouse and curlew, which are associated with upland areas, as well as the song thrush, spotted flycatcher and linnet.’
song thrush/ˈsôNG ˌTHrəSH/
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.