A sparrowlike North American bird related to the buntings, noted for its constant and characteristic song.
- ‘Our most common year-around sparrow is the song sparrow.’
- ‘Many birds, like the song sparrow that is a common casualty in Chicago, are nocturnal migrants, meaning they travel at night.’
- ‘Now, the song sparrow is a very elusive creature, and it rarely lets you get closer than 25 or 30 feet away from it.’
- ‘He describes flight behavior, feathers, and other detailed characteristics of birds such as the song sparrow, shown here.’
- ‘The thistle feeder is dominated by goldfinches, although an occasional house finch or song sparrow sneaks a snack.’