One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple or short sonata.
- ‘Local associations within the state present additional programs such as recitals, sonata / sonatina competitions, master classes and festivals.’
- ‘Kleine Sonate is a three-movement work with the same general difficulty level as the Kuhlau or Clement sonatinas.’
- ‘Her recording of the clarinet sonatina handily beats de Peyer's, the only other one I know.’
- ‘Although Kuhlau wrote an extensive number of ambitious sonatas and variations, his piano music has become practically synonymous with his sonatinas.’
- ‘Sonatina of the High Seas is an attractive, intermediate-level work that provides a good introduction to technical, formal and musical elements typical of the sonatina.’
Mid 18th century: Italian, diminutive of sonata.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.