An entertainment held by night at a historic monument or building, telling its history by the use of lighting effects and recorded sound.
- ‘The Tour is spectacle over substance, a sporting son et lumière.’
- ‘Other events could include a son et lumière at Clifford's Tower.’
- ‘The trip will finish at the more recent site of Castle Toward, which will then become the venue for the son et lumière and fireworks finale at sunset.’
- ‘Another planned musical event is a Music on the Moor son et lumière at Darwin Gardens and Ilkley Tarn.’
- ‘The 50th Ilkley Flower Show will also take place during the festival weeks, and organisers hope to include more events in the programme, including a possible son et lumière at Darwin Gardens and Ilkley Tarn.’
French, literally sound and light.