One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An outraged crowd readies to raze the community, but once again they do so without passion, somnambulistically moving along, tending over the duties handed to them by chance.’
- ‘Characters somnambulistically move in and out of frames, ghosts of feeling and thinking human beings.’
- ‘In one painting, for example, a stout Leger-like woman, rigid and flat in form and stultified in motion, wanders somnambulistically away from a voluptuously puffed red love seat.’
- ‘You have to feel the heavyweight, soft, supple, sensual cottons and somnambulistically draping fabrics.’
- ‘In the Resurrection, set in Piero's home town of Sansepolcro, Christ emerges somnambulistically from a sarcophagus against which the sleeping guards lie - a strange and disturbing image.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.