One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express disapproval of a certain type of person.‘I don't apologize to her kind ever’
- ‘Academics usually plough a narrow disciplinary patch, whereas intellectuals of his kind roam ambitiously from one discipline to another.’
- ‘Their kind could never have survived the public scrutiny of commercialized fame.’
- ‘When did they start letting your kind in here?’
- ‘He then became very hostile, calling her a devil-worshipper and shouting that ‘her kind’ had no business coming into a Christian center.’
- ‘The summit of ambition for most men of his kind is to live in town when they are old, with everything on tap.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.