One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express disapproval of a certain type of person.‘I don't apologize to her kind ever’
- ‘Academics usually plough a narrow disciplinary patch, whereas intellectuals of his kind roam ambitiously from one discipline to another.’
- ‘He then became very hostile, calling her a devil-worshipper and shouting that ‘her kind’ had no business coming into a Christian center.’
- ‘Their kind could never have survived the public scrutiny of commercialized fame.’
- ‘The summit of ambition for most men of his kind is to live in town when they are old, with everything on tap.’
- ‘When did they start letting your kind in here?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.