Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A considerable amount of.‘we are going to be working together for some little time yet’
- ‘My consequent lack of concern was therefore, a source of some little friction between self and fire-breather.’
- ‘I think this would have been easily answered some little time ago if we had been clearer on the first point of order I raised.’
- ‘The predator with some little intelligence discards the decoy and goes after the better meat.’
- ‘For some little time now, the newspapers… have been handing it to the hockey player.’
- ‘The signs that all is not well at United have been there for some little time, perhaps as long as two or three years.’
- ‘There were many eights of them, gathered together some little distance from Kopporu.’
- ‘There was some little consolation for Carlow when Rory Mulvanney raised the green flag.’
- ‘This caused me to be quiet some little time, thinking on it.’
- ‘That, obviously, will take us some little time - I do not expect the Opposition to be rushing it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.