One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A considerable amount of.‘we are going to be working together for some little time yet’
- ‘For some little time now, the newspapers… have been handing it to the hockey player.’
- ‘My consequent lack of concern was therefore, a source of some little friction between self and fire-breather.’
- ‘I think this would have been easily answered some little time ago if we had been clearer on the first point of order I raised.’
- ‘There was some little consolation for Carlow when Rory Mulvanney raised the green flag.’
- ‘The predator with some little intelligence discards the decoy and goes after the better meat.’
- ‘This caused me to be quiet some little time, thinking on it.’
- ‘That, obviously, will take us some little time - I do not expect the Opposition to be rushing it.’
- ‘There were many eights of them, gathered together some little distance from Kopporu.’
- ‘The signs that all is not well at United have been there for some little time, perhaps as long as two or three years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.