One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Some but not many.‘some few people are born without any sense of time’
- ‘Despite these well-documented stories, there are still some few people who cling to the small hope that they can have a ‘normal life’ - as they believe it.’
- ‘We like the Nigerians, but we want some few Americans or British, to help them out and ensure the stability of our country.’
- ‘I see no sign of let up - some few deserters - plenty tired of war, but the masses determined to fight it out.’
- ‘Remember how long the regime for paying for hospital treatment lasted when it affected the whole population - some few months - until everyone knew someone that had been asked to pay and decided that it was not acceptable.’
- ‘Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested.’
- ‘I unreservedly apologise on behalf of brother priests and religious [members of the church community] for the hurt that has been done by some few of our number.’
- ‘In some few principles, or perhaps in one simple principle, they all united.’
- ‘This is because some few hundred vegetable, fruit and grocery vendors set up shop here from the wee hours (as they have been doing for over two decades) and by residents' consensus, the leftover wares of the day are left behind.’
- ‘I was with your husband just some few hours ago and he told me about the mealie meal issue you were discussing early this morning.’
- ‘There are some few Englishmen who treat ignorant public opinion with the contempt that it deserves - and I am one of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.