Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A growth hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland.
- ‘The over production of somatotrophin can cause gigantism while under production can result in dwarfism.’
- ‘The release of somatotrophin follows a diurnal variation with the greatest impulses occurring during deep sleep.’
- ‘The Human Growth Complex formula contains somatotrophin and other powerful ingredients and has become a favorite product of athletes seeking an effective legal formulation.’
- ‘Studies show that a 4-year course of somatotrophin can increase bone density by approximately 12%.’
- ‘Monkeys respond to somatotrophin from monkey pituitaries but not from cattle and both human and beef hormone are active in the rat.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.