One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted in the pancreas and pituitary gland that inhibits gastric secretion and somatotropin release.
- ‘The peptide we have chosen for our study is sandostatin (also known as octreotide), a cyclic analog of the peptide hormone somatostatin.’
- ‘In the pancreas, somatostatin acts a paracrine inhibitor of other pancreatic hormones and thus also has systemic effects.’
- ‘They were focally positive for gastrin, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide but tested negative for glucagon, serotonin, insulin, and inhibin.’
- ‘The secondary antibodies for insulin, glucagon and somatostatin were antirabbit polyclonal antibodies.’
- ‘The hormones capable of altering the MMC include insulin, pancreatic polypeptide, somatostatin, glucagon, secretin, motilin, gastrin, cholecystokinin, and neurotensin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.