One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any cell of a living organism other than the reproductive cells.
- ‘According to Spradling, the niche environment may constitute a primary regulatory force capable of re-programming somatic cells to become stem cells.’
- ‘In sexual reproduction a diploid somatic cell, the megaspore mother cell, undergoes meiosis to produce four reduced megaspores.’
- ‘So what is the hesitancy then for the modification of defective genes in germ cells or somatic cells?’
- ‘In sexually reproducing organisms, a fundamental distinction is between germ cells and somatic cells.’
- ‘At the present time, gene-transfer studies are limited to somatic cells; germ cell lines and progeny are not affected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.