One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of certain volatile organic solvents as intoxicants by inhalation, e.g., glue sniffing.
- ‘Nationally, more young people aged under 18 die from solvent abuse than from any other illegal drug.’
- ‘Although some local youngsters are known to use the soft drug cannabis, glue or solvent abuse is not seen as a big problem in Ilkley.’
- ‘The Fund, set up by her parents after her death, works with schools and youth organisations, raising awareness of the dangers of solvent abuse.’
- ‘The issues raised by the Minister relate back to the tragic death of six young people due to solvent abuse, to the inhalation of substances.’
- ‘He also conceded that amphetamines were still being traded in Bangkok's Klong Toey slum area, and that former amphetamines addicts were turning to solvent abuse in increasing numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.