One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (a substance) soluble or more soluble.
- ‘This technique utilizes a negatively charged detergent (sodium dodecyl sulfate) to denature and solubilize proteins.’
- ‘The amphiphatic character of the detergent molecules helps solubilize the membrane protein.’
- ‘The acidity solubilizes metals, most notably aluminum, making them bio-available.’
- ‘These bind and solubilize ferric iron by competing with transferrin.’
- ‘The lipid films were solubilized in Tris / HCl solution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.