One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Druids, whose Stonehenge temples can be seen in England, regarded mistletoe with reverence and used to burn it in sacrifice during the solstitial festivities.’
- ‘The architecture of the temple of Janus was determined by the solstitial rectangle of the construction place, associated with the sunrise and sunset at summer and winter solstices.’
- ‘In Egypt generally, the solstitial worship followed that of the May and equinoctial years.’
- ‘The solstitial colure is a great circle which passes through the celestial poles and these two solstitial points.’
- ‘Geomagnetic activity usually reaches its minimum during the solstitial months of June and December and a maximum around March and September.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.