One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Druids, whose Stonehenge temples can be seen in England, regarded mistletoe with reverence and used to burn it in sacrifice during the solstitial festivities.’
- ‘In Egypt generally, the solstitial worship followed that of the May and equinoctial years.’
- ‘Geomagnetic activity usually reaches its minimum during the solstitial months of June and December and a maximum around March and September.’
- ‘The solstitial colure is a great circle which passes through the celestial poles and these two solstitial points.’
- ‘The architecture of the temple of Janus was determined by the solstitial rectangle of the construction place, associated with the sunrise and sunset at summer and winter solstices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.