One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who lives a solitary life; a recluse.
loner, solitary, lone wolfView synonyms
- ‘There are breakfast-rooms and supper-rooms, little nooks where the solitudinarian may steal away for an hour of communion with his favorite novelist or poet.’
- ‘It seemed to be more suited to those the world prefers to ignore: recluses, solitudinarians withdrawn from worldliness and public notice, supernatural beings and the mad.’
- ‘A noted traveler, he continued to be, an adventurer, but always a solitudinarian.’
- ‘He pays no visits, and being a solitudinarian, frequents not even a single club in London.’
- ‘'There goes a solitudinarian,' said one. 'What is he thinking of that he fights so shy of his kind?'’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.