One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Even when published, it's read solitarily at one's own pace.’
- ‘Put it this way, if I had written it solitarily I would not have written it the way it is.’
- ‘However, most of the described foraging strategies use pheromones to recruit nest mates, and only those foraging solitarily do not use pheromones and thus do not recruit nest mates.’
- ‘When I went out to shine the torch on them, I caught one young lad walking solitarily up the road and we exchanged a few words.’
- ‘Out there, among the cypress and the palm, where the alligator solitarily glides and the egret sails in chevron, sanctuary beckoned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.