One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mel attended him solicitously and went through a detailed description of his symptoms with him.’
- ‘The mother, never idle, lays her workbox aside and throws her sewing work over the arm of her chair to listen solicitously as her daughter recites a passage from the Bible.’
- ‘My students have been sweet, solicitously approaching me in the corridors to enquire after my health.’
- ‘Susan said solicitously: ‘Amma, you appear to be tired.’’
- ‘The man orders two coffees, turns to the woman and inquires solicitously: ‘Would you like anything else, darling?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.