One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for solfège (sense 1 of the noun)
- ‘As a pedagogue, he contributed with a compendium of twenty-five singing solfeggi and some technical exercises for violin.’
- ‘At the ‘Conservatorio di Sant’ Onofrio’ in Napoli, during the 1780s, the work schedule was as follows: In the morning, one hour of singing difficult passages, one hour of literature and one hour of solfeggi in front of mirrors.’
- ‘And we may find a clue in several survived manuscripts of solfeggio and esercizi.’
- ‘As a class lesson, center activity, or time-out activity, Music Only Formats are excellent worksheets to determine pitches, solfeggio, numbers, or letter names.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.