- ‘That was a song that introduces the musical alphabet called ‘solfège’.’
- ‘Solfège was created in the 10th Century to help monks to easily learn the chants for the mass.’
- 1.1An exercise in singing using solmization syllables.
- ‘Traditionally, solfège is taught in a series of exercises of gradually increasing difficulty, each of which is also known as a "solfège".’
- ‘Get into a practicing mindset: Add Solfège to your daily practicing routine and develop your own exercises.’
2The study of singing and musicianship using solmization syllables.
- ‘Another positive aspect of using Solfege is that it will help to improve your sight reading skills - not only in terms of singing but also on your instrument.’
- ‘A child prodigy, he won the first prize for solfège at the Paris Conservatoire when he was seven.’
- ‘In the 1600's the French standardized the use of solfège as we know it today.’
Early 20th century: French, from Italian solfeggio.