One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Obviously, rituals imparted significance, not only the meaning and message of the ritual but also in the enforcement of ceremonial aspects of secret fraternalism - the solemnness, responsibility, secrecy, and exclusiveness.’
- ‘He took Ruby's free hand and held it tight, looking deep into her eyes and saying with utmost solemnness, ‘You really think that?’’
- ‘‘So it is you, Gyric,’ replied the monk, regarding Gyric with great solemnness.’
- ‘The 25 performers, including six musicians playing live on stage, explore their physical limits in flowing movements expressing the mysteries and solemnness of the cycle of nature.’
- ‘I saw tears in eyes, and faces with solemnness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.