Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for High Mass
- ‘On Holy Thursday in Holy Trinity Abbey Church, Adare, Solemn Mass of the Lords Supper and procession of the Blessed Sacrament to the Altar of Repose takes place at 7.30 pm.’
- ‘I attended a Solemn Mass (without taking communion) for the Feast of Saint Josemaría Escrivá, founder of the Catholic personal prelature, Opus Dei.’
- ‘A special Solemn Mass will be celebrated on Thursday, May 5, to mark the Feast of Blessed Edmund.’
- ‘A Solemn Mass of Remembrance is to be held today in the Pro-Cathedral in Dublin.’
- ‘On Sunday, October 2, there will be a Solemn Mass at 2pm with Chief Concelebrant and Preacher His Eminence Desmond Cardinal Connell, Archbishop Emeritus of Dublin with Bishop Jim Moriarty, Kildare and Leighlin.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.