One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex of ganglia and radiating nerves of the sympathetic system at the pit of the stomach.
stomach, belly, abdomenView synonyms
- ‘There were a lot of pressure point strikes, at places like under the nose, the throat, under the armpits, the solar plexus, and the groin.’
- ‘The solar plexus is ideal, but the lower abdomen (below the belly button), the groin or even the inside of the leg above the knee are also adequate.’
- ‘The nerve current of the body converge in the feet, the solar plexus and the hands.’
- ‘Put the palm of your right hand on the abdomen, just above the navel, and press up against the solar plexus or pit of the stomach.’
- ‘The diaphragm is a sensitive, powerful muscle, and responds to impulses sent to it by the solar plexus, the abdominal brain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.