Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A panel designed to absorb the sun's rays as a source of energy for generating electricity or heating.
- ‘Most robots today draw that energy from electrical cords, solar panels, or batteries.’
- ‘Further heating and electrical energy comes from photovalic solar panels located on the roof.’
- ‘According to the council, it's a myth that solar panels generate electricity by storing direct heat from the sun.’
- ‘The cleanest energy sources of electricity are solar panels and wind turbines, which are only starting to be used in Canada.’
- ‘Unlike other renewable power sources, solar panels provide the most electricity in the middle of the day, when it is needed most.’
solar panel/ˈsōlər ˈpanl/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.