A panel designed to absorb the sun's rays as a source of energy for generating electricity or heating.
- ‘Most robots today draw that energy from electrical cords, solar panels, or batteries.’
- ‘Further heating and electrical energy comes from photovalic solar panels located on the roof.’
- ‘According to the council, it's a myth that solar panels generate electricity by storing direct heat from the sun.’
- ‘The cleanest energy sources of electricity are solar panels and wind turbines, which are only starting to be used in Canada.’
- ‘Unlike other renewable power sources, solar panels provide the most electricity in the middle of the day, when it is needed most.’