One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Your hydrangeas will thrive in a humus-rich potting soil, and using a soilless mix is also an asset as it helps retain water.’
- ‘I fill each pot about one-third full of the soilless mixture, then add the recommended amount of fertilizer granules, mixing it thoroughly with the soil.’
- ‘As side shoots develop, prune back old branches to where new growth starts, and repot with fresh soilless potting mix.’
- ‘A good soilless mix is made up of 3 parts sphagnum peat moss, 2 parts vermiculite, and 1 part perlite, with some lime added to balance the acidity of the peat moss.’
- ‘It's best to use a commercial soilless mix in wishing well planters, adding some slow release fertilizer granules before planting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.