One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sewage or waste water pipe.
- ‘He said the last two car fires burned a soil pipe at the side of a house and residents had been unable to use the toilet.’
- ‘Even if water is available, local authorities may ask you not to use flush toilets, wash basins, and other fixtures connected with soil pipes.’
- ‘The most commonly used system in the UK is a single stack system whereby the wastewater and soil pipes are all connected to the same stack.’
- ‘There is obvious evidence of damp penetration adjacent to the rear external wall including the junction of the cast iron soil pipe.’
- ‘The only bit that is not quite finished is the seal for the soil pipe but luckily we can still use the toilet till we get one that fits - yet another trip to the plumbers merchant for the right bit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.