One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sewage or waste water pipe.
- ‘The only bit that is not quite finished is the seal for the soil pipe but luckily we can still use the toilet till we get one that fits - yet another trip to the plumbers merchant for the right bit.’
- ‘There is obvious evidence of damp penetration adjacent to the rear external wall including the junction of the cast iron soil pipe.’
- ‘Even if water is available, local authorities may ask you not to use flush toilets, wash basins, and other fixtures connected with soil pipes.’
- ‘He said the last two car fires burned a soil pipe at the side of a house and residents had been unable to use the toilet.’
- ‘The most commonly used system in the UK is a single stack system whereby the wastewater and soil pipes are all connected to the same stack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.