One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A freshwater turtle with a flattened leathery shell, native to Asia, Africa, and North America.
- ‘The Carettochelyidae are most closely related to the Trionychidae (softshell turtles).’
- ‘Other turtles identified were softshell (Apalone sp.) and snapping turtles (Chelydra sp.).’
- ‘Additionally, we question whether it is possible for softshell turtles to reach the Hudson River via the Erie Canal from Oneida Lake in a span of four years.’
- ‘Superficially, softshells can be distinguished by their dorsoventral compression, leathery shells, and elongate snout.’
- ‘While hiking, canoeing, kayaking, or eating a picnic lunch, watch for Gulf Coast spiny softshell turtles, loggerhead shrikes, pileated woodpeckers, Seminole bats, and spotted salamanders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.