One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘International greenhouse politics remains mired in a swamp of soft-hearted soft-headedness.’
- ‘The mother needs a very accurate scale for this, since as little as five grams (less than one-fifth of an ounce) in excess can mean dangerous overfeeding, leading to obesity and ultimately to soft-headedness.’
- ‘An obdurate will, rather than soft-headedness, is the primary reason why they cling to self-refuting concepts.’
- ‘And his soft-headedness doesn't end there - as the full text of his speech reveals.’
- ‘While I do not admire your soft-headedness, I do admire your consistency ... as this fits well with things I've seen you say on other diaries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.