One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Caribbean and Latin American sauce of tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, and herbs.
- ‘Many Puerto Rican dishes are seasoned with a savory mixture of spices known as sofrito.’
- ‘Add 2 tablespoons Sofrito to meat and rice dishes for added flavor and seasoning.’
- ‘A heaping spoonful of Sofrito added to soups and stews is a classic first-step ingredient to authentic Latino cooking.’
- ‘There are beautifully fried morsels of goat cheese, too, in a vibrant, tomatoey sofrito sauce that has an earthy red-chile undertone.’
- ‘Toss Sofrito and chicken together and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight.’
Spanish sofrito, Italian soffritto, literally ‘lightly fried’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.