One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Of or containing sodium.
- ‘First, albite is the sodic feldspar that separates from a ‘host’ potassic feldspar to form perthite.’
- ‘The Lake George center, for instance, had three emplacements, one potassic, another sodic, and yet another with a mixed composition.’
- ‘There are no secondary sodic phases present, and no observed albitization of potassium feldspar, suggesting only limited Na mobility.’
- ‘Its occurrence is largely restricted to relatively unusual alkalic igneous rocks, such as sodic granites, certain syenites and trachytes, and related carbonatite-bearing terranes.’
- ‘A scintillometer could make a radiometric survey at the same time which would distinguish potassic from sodic granites.’
- 1.1Mineralogy (of mineral, rock, or soil) containing a higher proportion of sodium than usual.
- ‘There is a wide range of topics which include saline, sodic, acidic, eroded, compacted, and organic soils.’
- ‘Students use standard procedures to qualify saline and sodic soils, observe salt and sodium effects on water percolation, and conduct a bioassay of incrementally-degraded soils with plants of varying salt-tolerance.’
- ‘For saline and sodic soil which are more deficient in nutrients, it is necessary to apply about 20-25 per cent higher dose of ‘N’ than the normal soils.’
- ‘Improving soil tilth and permeability by adding gypsum is only accomplished in sodic soils.’
- ‘Here we report the screening of C. arietinum genotypes for nodulation and grain-yielding ability in a sodic field over two growing seasons in order to identify genotypes with superior nodulation ability under stress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.