One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The 11 tracks on his 12 th album plod soddenly, leaden of pace and bleak of atmosphere.’
- ‘Actually, despite its soddenly melodramatic moments, a lot of About a Boy is quite funny.’
- ‘He dragged open the door with great effort, then clung to its edge with one clenched hand, his body slumped soddenly to one side.’
- ‘During that day and night the men slept soddenly, side by side on the boxcar door.’
- ‘In the 15th round the next day, before 16,000 unbelieving customers, Jim Jeffries sank soddenly to the canvas, his once awesome right draped over the lower rope of the ring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.