One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt lake with a high content of sodium salts.
- ‘Lake Manyara National Park spreads between the cliff of the Great Rift Valley and Lake Manyara, a shallow soda lake.’
- ‘The lake itself is a soda lake on the floor of the rift valley.’
- ‘Embakaai Crater has a very deep soda lake which covers almost half the crater floor.’
- ‘On the valley floor, freshwater and alkaline soda lakes support a staggering array of birdlife.’
- ‘The soda lake, which is nearly as salty as the Dead Sea, is named for its exquisite pinkness, due to the presence of bacteria that excrete red iron oxide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.