One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who serves and sells soft drinks and ice cream at a soda fountain.
- ‘And though he had a job, he knew he had no future as a drug store soda jerk.’
- ‘In that one, Bud and Lou are soda jerks at the Radio Central Pharmacy, but aspire to be writers for the network's hit show, ‘Murder at Midnight.’’
- ‘They have a soda jerk and vinyl bar stools, just like the old days.’
- ‘If you're looking for a fun atmosphere, this chain brings patrons back the bygone days of soda jerks and jukeboxes.’
- ‘Root beer floats had another heyday in the 1950s, the era of malt shops and soda jerks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.