One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The view of language which emerges from the sociolinguistic study of urban dialects is that of a structured but variable system, whose use is conditioned by both internal and external factors.’
- ‘We have languages from all over the world, languages from many different families, with different sociolinguistic histories.’
- ‘Manes and Wolfson claimed that the most authentic data in sociolinguistic research is spontaneous speech gathered by ethnographic observation.’
- ‘Adequate understanding of linguistic, psycholinguistic, and sociolinguistic factors was considered essential in developing a coherent heritage language education policy.’
- ‘The study of signed languages can reveal whether or not sociolinguistic phenomena previously observed for spoken languages are general across modalities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.