One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or concerned with the interaction of social and economic factors.
- ‘Enterprise improves the socio-economic prospects of the underprivileged.’
- ‘Around the world, asthma affects people of all ethnic groups, socio-economic levels and age groups.’
- ‘There was a great cross-section of people there from across the socio-economic scale and all walks of life.’
- ‘The key factor in socio-economic developments in the early modern period was changes in population movements.’
- ‘To improve the socio-economic opportunities you have to improve literacy and educational rates.’
- ‘The military pay system doesn't discriminate on the basis of socio-economic status.’
- ‘All members are keen fishers and come from a wide range of professional and socio-economic backgrounds.’
- ‘The presence of a vast human population on these mountains threw up a gamut of socio-economic issues.’
- ‘There can be no denying the correlation between socio-economic factors and academic success.’
- ‘Information and knowledge have now become a core aspect of the socio-economic development of this country.’
- ‘The hunger for greater socio-economic mobility is strongest among those in business.’
- ‘The study measures people of the same socio-economic and educational class.’
- ‘Students for the programmes will be selected on the basis of socio-economic status and academic potential.’
- ‘The more mobile a person is, the wider the circle of socio-economic interaction that would be available to him.’
- ‘Better nutrition can be the cause and the result of socio-economic development.’
- ‘The end result is that ‘the benefits can be seen in children from all socio-economic backgrounds’.’
- ‘You take it for granted that most of the people who you interact with socially are from a similar socio-economic background.’
- ‘In a place like Tooting, you get a real socio-economic and ethnic mix, people whose lives probably don't cross otherwise.’
- ‘It has been observed that groups living in different socio-economic status have different test scores.’
- ‘The biggest change had occurred at the bottom of the socio-economic scale, where there had been a significant improvement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.