One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sea level change is perhaps one of the earth's most societally relevant processes; rises expected in the next century will affect directly hundreds of millions of people.’
- ‘Poverty is personally undesirable and societally, in too great a dose, destabilizing.’
- ‘Care should be taken not to blame distressed individuals for evidencing symptoms in response to their distress, but rather efforts should be made to reduce sources of societally imposed risk.’
- ‘Ashley has dealt with the notion of societally unacceptable speech in other works, and it's hard to believe he's not aware that it's the voice rather than the words that has the dominant effect here.’
- ‘The introduction of managed care may be societally necessary to keep down costs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.