One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of psychology that deals with social interactions, including their origins and their effects on the individual.
- ‘Any student of social psychology should know that the subjects of their experiments cannot be apprised of the nature of the experiment without destroying its validity.’
- ‘Research in social psychology suggests many of us respond with aggression, but not all of us.’
- ‘Their theory, known as the Terror Management Theory, or TMT, is a combination of social psychology and existentialism.’
- ‘All have had considerable experience designing and conducting laboratory experiments in social psychology.’
- ‘Parker goes beyond the experiments to talk about the value of social psychology in general.’
- ‘In addition, recognizing the growing influence of psychoanalysis and social psychology, they enlisted the new prestige of those disciplines in order to make their case.’
- ‘Educators recognize the social nature of the classroom, so it is no surprise that social psychology should help us understand why students learn - and why they don't.’
- ‘They note that the early history of social psychology was ‘marked by an euphoric optimism’ about the application of the methods of science to human problems.’
- ‘As undergraduate psychology majors universally learn, at its core, all psychology is social psychology.’
- ‘The literature in social psychology suggests that responses to racial discrimination will also be affected by situational factors.’
- ‘Many experiments in fields like social psychology are laboratory experiments rather than field experiments.’
- ‘Interestingly, the majority of journal investigations focused specifically on the subdisciplines of personality or social psychology.’
- ‘The discourse analysis undertaken to answer these questions was informed by discursive social psychology.’
- ‘The obedience experiments had a profound impact within academic social psychology, altering the central message of the discipline itself.’
- ‘Sociolinguistics has close connections with the social sciences, in particular, sociology, anthropology, social psychology, and education.’
- ‘As predicted by the literature in social psychology, the nature of the situation exerted more influence on behavior than did individual characteristics.’
- ‘Thompson is a senior at Southeast High School, where he has developed an interest in social psychology, intelligence and positive psychology.’
- ‘A great deal of research in social psychology has been devoted to examining the effects of ‘fear appeals’ in advertising.’
- ‘The dimensions of attitudes are grounded in the area of social psychology, which have been identified by researchers as cognition, affect, and behavior.’
- ‘Kurt Lewin, founder of group dynamics in social psychology, found that there are systems based around any individual that give rise to tensions between individuals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.