Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of psychology that deals with social interactions, including their origins and their effects on the individual.
- ‘A great deal of research in social psychology has been devoted to examining the effects of ‘fear appeals’ in advertising.’
- ‘As undergraduate psychology majors universally learn, at its core, all psychology is social psychology.’
- ‘Kurt Lewin, founder of group dynamics in social psychology, found that there are systems based around any individual that give rise to tensions between individuals.’
- ‘The discourse analysis undertaken to answer these questions was informed by discursive social psychology.’
- ‘Any student of social psychology should know that the subjects of their experiments cannot be apprised of the nature of the experiment without destroying its validity.’
- ‘Sociolinguistics has close connections with the social sciences, in particular, sociology, anthropology, social psychology, and education.’
- ‘In addition, recognizing the growing influence of psychoanalysis and social psychology, they enlisted the new prestige of those disciplines in order to make their case.’
- ‘All have had considerable experience designing and conducting laboratory experiments in social psychology.’
- ‘As predicted by the literature in social psychology, the nature of the situation exerted more influence on behavior than did individual characteristics.’
- ‘Parker goes beyond the experiments to talk about the value of social psychology in general.’
- ‘The literature in social psychology suggests that responses to racial discrimination will also be affected by situational factors.’
- ‘They note that the early history of social psychology was ‘marked by an euphoric optimism’ about the application of the methods of science to human problems.’
- ‘Research in social psychology suggests many of us respond with aggression, but not all of us.’
- ‘Thompson is a senior at Southeast High School, where he has developed an interest in social psychology, intelligence and positive psychology.’
- ‘Educators recognize the social nature of the classroom, so it is no surprise that social psychology should help us understand why students learn - and why they don't.’
- ‘The obedience experiments had a profound impact within academic social psychology, altering the central message of the discipline itself.’
- ‘Many experiments in fields like social psychology are laboratory experiments rather than field experiments.’
- ‘Their theory, known as the Terror Management Theory, or TMT, is a combination of social psychology and existentialism.’
- ‘Interestingly, the majority of journal investigations focused specifically on the subdisciplines of personality or social psychology.’
- ‘The dimensions of attitudes are grounded in the area of social psychology, which have been identified by researchers as cognition, affect, and behavior.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.