One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural Websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
- ‘Running a banner ad just to have social media in your products marketing mix seems a lot easier than really participating.’
- ‘Additionally, the number of users who consume no social media has fallen from 44 % in 2007 to 18 % this year.’
- ‘New, creative political uses of social media will continue to emerge, yet the fundamental need for citizens to discuss issues will remain.’
- ‘In a February 2009 article for Businessweek Online, social media expert, BL Ochman debunked six media myths surrounding social media.’
- ‘Earlier this week we told you that the museum in Washington included Rick Sanchez in a permanent exhibit for his pioneering use of social media in journalism.’
- ‘Their cooption is predicated on the viral communication of peer trends facilitated by social media.’
- ‘Social media should not be a last-minute add-on to a website it should be one of the primary structural components.’
- ‘You can create all the features you'd expect from a forum or social media site, in just a few clicks.’
- ‘They don't really understand the social dynamics and psychology of social media because in most part they don't understand how media can be social.’
- ‘Anyone who is comfortable answering phones or sending email in a professional manner should have no problem using social media.’
- ‘No rational business man would invest in social media.’
- ‘Social networking sites, also called social software and social media, provide the means to create and maintain ties online.’
- ‘The YouTube questions were the latest effort by NASA to embrace social media.’
- ‘Besides managing social media for Britney Spears, a billion-dollar brand, Lauren Kozak has advised businesses on the most effective use of social media for years.’
- ‘The first involves helping government bodies use digital techniques, including social media, to engage with the public.’
- ‘85 % of women made decisions based on information they read in social media.’
- ‘But a social media presence is no alternative to swift, helpful customer service.’
- ‘The solution automatically drives retail location traffic by turning excellent customer experiences into a powerful marketing tool through social media.’
- ‘Today, 90 % of departments either ban browsing entirely or require staff wanting to get on to social media or webmail to sit at separate, cordoned-off PCs.’
- ‘Facebook, the most powerful of the social media magnets, attracted 92.2 million U. S. visitors in August.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.