One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.‘individuality gives way to the struggle for social justice’
- ‘Both are adventurers who seek the perfect way of life, the former through sensual pleasure, the latter through social justice.’
- ‘His ideas on social justice were the foundation of new humanism and of Romanticism in general.’
- ‘Fiction, by envisaging new forms of social organization, may enable us to envisage new forms of social justice.’
- ‘His mission is to bring modernity and social justice to the town.’
- ‘He was equally uncompromising in terms of his commitment to social justice.’
- ‘The educated middle classes are voting for social justice.’
- ‘The struggle for social justice continues.’
- ‘Queen Victoria oversees a growing, changing Britain fueled by technology and industry, while her female subjects push for equal rights and social justice.’
- ‘Clearly her prime concern is social justice.’
- ‘There is a growing movement for social justice for farm workers around the world.’
- ‘Modern public services provide the social justice we promised would go with economic efficiency.’
- ‘He set out his agenda for a new world order in which good - peace, social justice, environmental reform - would triumph over evil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.