One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See social drinker
- ‘Maybe he started gambling, social drinking, and heavy eating precisely because he thought they were morally acceptable, but never got into drugs precisely because he thought they were morally wrong.’
- ‘Occasions of loneliness, depression, and jealousy led to increased social drinking which became alcoholism and that took years for them both to admit and conquer.’
- ‘From my work with alcoholics, I can attest that no one sets themselves a goal of becoming alcoholic, but what may have started out as safe social drinking advances very surreptitiously to become dependence and addiction.’
- ‘The habitual drinker can never tell when he steps over the defining line of social drinking into alcohol abuse.’
- ‘And there is no such a thing as restricted consumption or social drinking for those prone to liquor addiction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.