One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A benefit payable under a social security system.
- ‘Danes pay high taxes, but the government uses the money to provide many social benefits such as free health care.’
- ‘In this system, a welfare society, social benefits and services are individual.’
- ‘To do so, he gave them huge tax breaks and introduced social benefits that even today anchor the society.’
- ‘Lastly, the budget also contributed to an increase in social benefits and family allowances.’
- ‘These days, she benefits from rent allowance and other social benefits that give her enough independence to survive as a single parent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.