One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A benefit payable under a social security system.
- ‘These days, she benefits from rent allowance and other social benefits that give her enough independence to survive as a single parent.’
- ‘Danes pay high taxes, but the government uses the money to provide many social benefits such as free health care.’
- ‘Lastly, the budget also contributed to an increase in social benefits and family allowances.’
- ‘In this system, a welfare society, social benefits and services are individual.’
- ‘To do so, he gave them huge tax breaks and introduced social benefits that even today anchor the society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.