One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Japanese noodles made from buckwheat flour.
- ‘Your art is framed, not gummed; your noodles are soba, not ramen.’
- ‘I've had barbecue and soba and udon in Little Tokyo.’
- ‘It was definitely a far cry from his simple bowl of soba and the smell was quite mouthwatering.’
- ‘How would that make a difference to both of you if your grandma made toast, bacon, omelets and egg instead of congee and soba?’
- ‘Nagano specials are those of soba noodle with wasabi and chili pepper mix.’
- ‘Put yourself in the hands of these masters and enjoy a leisurely meal featuring edamame, seaweed salad and delicate fresh soba noodles in broth while enjoying quiet conversation with your guests.’
- ‘This omelet, fragrant with garlic and ginger, is fortified with soba noodles, which are made with buckwheat flour.’
- ‘In contrast to soba, which tastes distinctly of buckwheat, the flavour of udon is neutral, allowing any number of variations in the additional ingredients, such as vegetables, seaweeds, eggs, fish, shellfish, poultry.’
- ‘I never get used to those foods although I can prepare soba for myself.’
- ‘Yutaka gambled and had soba outside his station anyway.’
- ‘The Asian noodle joint gets a twenty-first-century makeover at United Noodles, where a Thai-American chef is deconstructing dumplings, tweaking linguine, and taking soba to new heights.’
- ‘Pacific shrimp and asparagus salad and the cold soba with quail's eggs and sea laver can be found at the Asian specialities' corner.’
- ‘Vicky chose the chargrilled chicken with soba noodles and tamarind broth for her main course, while I opted for the Thai fish cakes with tomato chutney and spinach salad.’
- ‘Buckwheat flour is often used in pancakes, bread and pasta, and it's mixed with wheat flour to make soba noodles.’
- ‘Visualize temple paths lined with snow, Mt. Fuji adorned with its icy winter cap, clean crisp air and ramen or soba steaming in warm cozy shops, and natural hot springs set in alpine forests.’
- ‘Add drained soba noodles, scallions and mango and toss until combined.’
- ‘Soba is usually brown and thing noodles made of buckwheat but Okinawan soba is white and quite thick, and topped with raftee.’
- ‘The soba noodles are made in-house and are what Soba Nippon is famous for.’
- ‘Between them was a low table, grimy with years of served meals of soba, snapper or sushi.’
- ‘Place a portion of soba noodles and mushrooms in the bottom of a soup bowl and pour the dashi over the top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.