One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the most part, however, the movie is awkwardly structured and soapily slow-moving.’
- ‘He soapily asked him if he was descended from an ape.’
- ‘A parts cleaner is simply a metal tub full of solvent - biodegradable or carcinogenic, green or clear, soapily helpful or deathly effective - with a small electric pump that recirculates the stuff and pushes it out of a sprayer.’
- ‘For their TV audience, such routine is soapily addictive.’
- ‘Susan ran back to Ian, but her insincerity to Ian, and to herself, was soapily palpable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.