One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Susan ran back to Ian, but her insincerity to Ian, and to herself, was soapily palpable.’
- ‘A parts cleaner is simply a metal tub full of solvent - biodegradable or carcinogenic, green or clear, soapily helpful or deathly effective - with a small electric pump that recirculates the stuff and pushes it out of a sprayer.’
- ‘For the most part, however, the movie is awkwardly structured and soapily slow-moving.’
- ‘For their TV audience, such routine is soapily addictive.’
- ‘He soapily asked him if he was descended from an ape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.